Founder & President
“In today’s turbulent environment, partnering with someone who understands your financial vision and goals has never been more important.” - Dan Prisciotta
Dan is a well-known financial authority among privately owned middle market business owners. He has developed unique strategies to increase the value of businesses and to transfer businesses, either internally (to family or key employees) or externally (sale to outside buyers for the highest price). You may have read his books, “Defend Your Wealth” or "One Way Out," or his Exit Planning Advisor newsletter, seen him on CNN, heard him on the radio or speaking at various industry conferences for business owners. Dan is highly sought after by other financial professionals to collaborate and lend his expertise in planning for complex business situations.
With 30 years of business exit, financial and estate planning experience, Dan delivers a superior level of commitment and expertise necessary to create situation-based financial strategies and translate them into immediate, actionable steps. He puts a premium on all of his relationships and believes that a successful engagement can only be realized through a shared vision. Having worked on more than 2,500 cases, his breadth and depth of the steps required enables him to explore multiple design scenarios before presenting the appropriate client-tailored options – no cookie cutter solutions! Dan also utilizes proven strategies to help you:
- Implement an Exit Plan to sell your business for the highest value
- Enjoy a worry-free retirement based on sophisticated cash flow analysis and planning
- Attract, retain, and reward key employees
- Develop a buy/sell agreement to protect you and your business
- Pass on your estate, including your business, with minimal tax consequences
Dan is a thought leader and entrepreneur. He is the founder and creative force behind the Business Intelligence Institute (BII), which is an elite group of 100 specialist serving the business owner community nationwide.
As an active member of the financial, business and estate planning community, Dan stays on the cutting edge of industry changes and innovations. He holds these designations, certifications and affiliations:
- Certified Business Exit Consultant (CBEC®)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)*
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- NJ Society of CPAs
- The Alliance of Mergers & Acquisitions Advisors
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAEPC)
- Society of Financial Service Professionals (SFSP)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Sagemark Consulting’s Private Wealth Services and Resource Group
- Registered Securities Principal and Representative
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor for CFP, PACE, CPA, CRPC, SFSP in multiple states
Dan is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University with a B.S. degree in Accounting, and resides in Ramsey, NJ with his wife, Teresa and their two children, Michelle and Danny.
*Licensed, not practicing.
JOHN P. MCCAUGHAN, CBEC®
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” - Theodore Roosevelt
In an ever-changing and complex world, you need a trusted advisor to help you reach your financial goals. Jack McCaughan has a passion for serving his business owner clients by navigating them through the maze of information to help make the decisions that are right for themselves and their business. With a distinguished 30-year career in servicing the needs of business owners, he is an accomplished and experienced professional who understands the financial landscape, and takes the time to understand his client’s vision and values.
Jack, along with Dan, co-founded the Business Intelligence Institute (BII), a unique offering that focuses on the needs of business owners and provides pragmatic strategies to help grow and protect their businesses while potentially maximizing the value when transferred. The processes he has developed have made a significant impact on the small to mid-size business owner community.
Jack and his family are longtime residents of Medford, New Jersey. He enjoys watching his sons participate in high school and collegian athletics; as well as a good round of golf with friends, family and business associates.
Professional background and affiliations:
- Certified Business Exit Consultant (CBEC®)
- The Financial Planning Association, Member
- Society of Financial Services Professionals, Member
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Member
- FINRA registrations: Series 6, 7, 24, and 63
- Bachelor of Science, Kutztown University